Make sure to sign up in the form at the bottom to receive email updates whenever I make a new post! Or click the “Current Location” in the menu part to see a full overview of planned dates!
I admit I have been very deliquent in my posts. Honestly, I barely open my computer, and that’s the best way for me to post. While you’re waiting, you should follow my Instagram account @udwi. My main posts are for cool photos, but my Insta stories are where I’m posting pretty much real-time (at least day-of) shenanigans.
I’m now three an a half month in. Here’s how I’ve been spending it:
- I worked in Melbourne until the very beginning of March
- Spent a few more days exploring the Melbourne area
- Headed up for 4 days to Uluru
- Spent some time around Cairns and got my diving certification on the Great Barrier Reef!
- Hung out on Bali, chilled at the beach and did some more diving
- Two day layover in Kuala Lumpur
- Spent Thai New Year in Chiang Mai (a highlight of the trip)
- Made my way by land/boat from Northern Thailand into Laos.
- Made my way north to south in Laos
- Hopped over to Vietnam
- Spent a month moving from Saigon to Hanoi
Some plans changed: I spent more time in Australia than I planned. I never made it to Cambodia since I felt I was running out of time. Nepal went out the window when I realized I wouldn’t make it there before the start of the rainy season.
I now have two days left on my Vietnam visa. I just made the decision today (thanks to advise from some wonderful friends on Facebook) that the next stop will be Turkey.
Here’s the general plan for the future:
- About a week in Turkey
- Swing through U.A.E. to visit a friend
- Spend about a week in Arusha, Tanzania visiting Kisimani School, a school a friend from college worked to build from scratch!
- Safari in Ngorongoro, Tanzania with my sister Susan and our friends Pat and Jill.
- Susan and I fly to Uganda to trek with the gorillas
- I hop on an overland trip (40+ days on a bus camping every night) leaving from Nairobi, Kenya and wending its way all the way to Cape Town.
- Head to Berlin and start working again starting in September
- Hang out in Europe through the fall working
- Birthday party in Dublin the first week of December! You should mark your calendar and start planning to join me!
More adventures to come!
Subscribe and get notified to hear about future adventures.
Ha Giang, Vietnam